Wednesday, October 1, 2008

School Assignment

For my Social Documentation class at Cal State University Dominguez Hills the final exam will consist of making a short documentary using Apple's ifilm.

The subject matter was supposed to be on something that we are concerned or passionate about.

Other than my family, I am not passionate about to many other things, except for the preservation of history.

After mulling over several ideas, I decided to do the final on the Red Cars that used to be a mainstay of Los Angeles public transportation before their demise secondary to the onslaught of freeways which now permeate the greater LA Area.

There are countless stories and opinions as to why this demise occurred, but in my humble opinion the bigger issue is what we lost as the red cars disappeared.

Hopefully I can project that idea with my short documentary.

No comments: