Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


Today has turned out to be more emotional that I thought it would be.

During the very moving tribute to Tim Russert on Meet The Press this morning, one of the guests had pointed out that Tim could see the human flaws in people, and point them out in the humblest of ways.

Well, he has certainly pointed out mine.

I can only hope that I can be the type of husband, father and son he was to his family, and the world.

This morning I also saw the CBS Sunday Morning show interview with Journey and their new lead singer Arnel Pineda on Youtube. Another incredible and touching story.

I also called to wish my father a happy Father's Day.

What made it hard was knowing that he has lost most of his vision in what was his good eye this past week.

To add fuel to the fire, he is frustrated because the physicians cannot give him an answer as to why this is occurring.

He now has only about twenty-five percent of his vision left.


All this within a two-hour span...

No comments: